The player to go first will be determined by one game of ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS.
The first player takes a shot from anywhere on or off the court! The shot can be made with additional levels of difficulty such as with eyes closed, while hopping on one foot or while holding a sack of potatoes. No fun-shots are off limits. If the shooter is adding a level of difficulty, it must be stated to count, such as “I’m shooting with my eyes closed,” “I’m shooting while hopping on one foot,” or “I’m shooting while holding a 10-pound sack of potatoes.” Player 1 attempts to make the basket.
Player 2 will get the ball and take a shot based on the following:
- If Player 1 made the basket, Player 2must replicate the shot, including where the player was standing and how the shot was made.
- If Player 1 missed the basket, Player 2can shoot from anywhere using any additional levels of difficulty the player wants to incorporate.
Player one will get the ball back and make a shot based on the following:
- If Player 1 made the basket and Player 2 replicated the shot, regardless of whether Player 2 made the basket or not,Player 1 can shoot from anywhere using any additional levels of difficulty the player wants to incorporate.
- If Player 1 missed the basket and Player 2 missed the basket, Player 1 canshoot from anywhere using any additional levels of difficulty the player wants to incorporate.
- If Player 1 missed the basket and Player 2 made the basket, Player 1 mustreplicate the shot, including where the player was standing and how the shot was made.
Get a letter when you fail a challenge shot. Each time you try to replicate a shot previously made by your competitor and you miss the basket, you get a letter. The game continues until one person accumulates the five letters spelling out H-O-R-S-E. The player who spells “HORSE” first loses the game.
Note: You can’t get a letter for a new shot challenge. If you miss the basket on the first attempt of a challenge, the ball passes to the competitor with no penalty.
If at 10-minutes the game is not over, the game will end when the shooting round is complete. The player with the least letters will be designated the winner. If at 10-minutes both players have the same number of letters, the players will move into a free throw round. The referee will oversee another game of ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS to determine who goes first. The referee will then tell each player when to shoot starting with Player 1. The first person to make a shot wins. If a player shoots before the referee gives the directive to shoot, the player will be disqualified.
A player can purchase up to two (2) mulligans. A mulligan allows a player to do-over any shot throughout the challenge unless you are in the “Free Throw Shoot Out.” Mulligans can be purchased until April 28 for $25 each. Mulligans will be available for purchase the day of the event for $50 each.